Here are 7 quick ways to boost your self-confidence levels quickly and easily. You can use them where-ever you are and in whatever situation you may face. Let’s get stuck in straight-away, here they are:
1) No matter how you feel at this very moment, picture yourself in the situation you want to be in. Really see yourself there in your minds eye being successful. If you are going for an interview picture yourself starting that job on the first day going into work happy and confident. If it is success in sport you desire play a movie through your mind of you scoring the winning goal, touchdown or points. In each situation imagine how it feels to be in that situation and hold those thoughts and feelings in your mind for as long as you can.
2) If at anytime you find a negative thought creeping in to your mind, and let’s face it, it will happen. Deliberately and consciously let go of that negative thought and immediately put a positive thought into your mind. You might want to put a small photo in your wallet that creates a positive emotion in your mind: a holiday snap, wedding photo, successful business meeting or whatever. Each time you pull it out it will be like flicking the switch from negative to positive.
3) When faced with a problem, start to overcome it by first concentrating on what qualities or positives you do have at your disposal. It may be useful to write a list and make sure to include even the obvious and seemingly trivial positive points that you do have going for you. This will immediately take your focus off the negative thoughts of the problem and onto your own positive abilities. Always remember: ‘If you think you can, you can’.
4) Do not give any problem or negative situation anymore credit than it deserves. Do not build the problem up in your mind. Sometimes we build up a problem into a much greater thing than it really is through our fear of failure and worry. Realise the world will not stop spinning if you don’t solve the problem straight-away, it may also pay to write the problem down so you can see it for what it actually is…not what you have built it up to be.
5) Find and develop your own set of affirmations that you can use and repeat to yourself at times when you are feeling particularly low. Repeating positive phrases with emotion can help change a negative thought pattern to a positive one. Here is a good one to start with especially if you are a Christian: ‘ I can do all things through christ that strengthen me’ a classic bible passage that really does instill belief. Many more affirmations available through the link below.
6) Take a long hard look at your abilities and skills, assess them and their strength. Once you have done this raise your estimation of them all by at least 15%. After all the whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts and it is important to develop a healthy belief in yourself.
7) If you have any sort of religous belief then relax and remember the power of the God that you believe in is all around you. Allow his power to flow through you freely and raise your self confidence through him. If God is for you who can possibly defeat you?
So there you have it, 7 quick tips to boost your self-confidence. Basically you should be trying to fill your mind as often as possible with positive thoughts so that they ooze out of your mind. These tips above when practised regularly will help create a pattern of positive thoughts which will become a self-perpetuating cycle and a habit….this is the real key to boosting your own self-confidence!
Related Christian Movie Articles